Diversify Your Dance Workshop
Diversify Your Dance IV
January 15, 2011
Come learn the fundamentals of new dances while having a great time doing it!
Session I: 11:00am - 12:15pm
- Tap -- Chester Whitmore
- African Line Dance - Nzingha Camara
Session II: 12:45pm - 2:00pm
- Bop - Chester Whitmore
- Afro-Cuban Salsa - Adunni
Session III: 2:30pm - 3:45pm
- Vernacular Jazz Dance -- Chester Whitmore
- Argentine Tango -- Ron Parker
Session IV: 4:15pm - 6:00pm
- Hip Hop Soul -- Chester Whitmore
- Pre-Teen Dance Class -- Adunni
Vermont Square United Methodist Church
4410 South Budlong (corner of Vernon and Budlong)
Los Angeles, CA 90037
323 293 8281 (Church phone)
Purchase your tickets online today!
(You may take one class per session)
|View Cart and Checkout|
- If you purchase your ticket(s) online, please print your receipt and bring it with you to the workshop / dance.
- You can only take one class per session.
- You should plan to be at the workshop at least 30 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin in order to register.
- The "Practice" classes are supervised by the instructors.
Chester Whitmore is a national treasure, and no one interested in Tap, Swing or Vernacular Jazz Dance should miss an opportunity like this. Thanks!
Chester Whitmore is a world renown tap dancer. I don't think some people believe me when I tell them that. He has studied under both Fayard Nicholas and John Bubbles, two of the greatest innovators of Tap in the history of the dance. This video was recorded October 15, 2010 at the Association of Black Women Physicians "Cotton Club Night" fundraiser. You decide for yourself. He is teaching beginning Tap, Swing and Vernacular Jazz Dance this Saturday at the Diversify Your Dance workshop: http://www.centralavedance.com/node/4873
This is a fundraiser for:
|Don't want to attend the workshop, but want to support the project? Please donate whatever you can.|