Five Star Center / Epworth Methodist Church Research
Posted by somebody on Thursday, 5 January 2017
Researching Five Star Center (aka St. Matthew Tabernacle Church aka Epworth Methodist Church) to locate a picture of it.
6525 S NORMANDIE AVE LOS ANGELES CA 90044
The new building was built in 2012.
What I have located:
- Also info on how to locate pictures of old houses: https://www.lapl.org/collections-resources/research-guides/history-your-...
- Current AIN: 6015-008-031 (Old AIN: 6015-008-030)
- California Free Public Records Directory: http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/slid/610 (no property pictures)
- Los Angeles County Assesor Portal: http://portal.assessor.lacounty.gov/?b=6525%20s%20normandie%20ave (only picture of new property)
- California Online Public Record Searches: http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/CA_LosAngeles.htm
From LA Public Library Online Help
Unfortunately, I am not finding any images of this church in our collection.
It looks like it was known as the Epworth Methodist Church for most of its existence, so you might try contacting this archive which contains many Methodist documents.
Not sure if this is of interest, but there is a Google Street View of the address dating back to 2007 when the church was still there.
Sorry we could not be of greater assistance. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.